What to Expect at Your Massage Session
- I will ask preliminary questions to determine your overall health.
- We will consider information about your physical condition, medical history, lifestyle, stress levels, medications and any areas of physical pain that could affect your massage therapy outcome.
- This information will help us structure your session to achieve your health and wellness goals.
- Following your health assessment but before your massage, you’ll be asked to remove clothing to your level of comfort.
- I will leave the room while you undress. Take off only as much as you are comfortable removing.
- Lie on the massage table, underneath the provided sheet and blanket which will cover your body throughout the session except for the part being massaged.
- There will be soft music in the background, if you find music distracting, let me know. The same goes for talking during your session.
- I will check on pressure and comfort throughout your appointment. If you're uncomfortable at any time, let me know.
- The massage table is padded, and will have a face cradle, which allows you to lie face down without turning your head or neck.
Massage Therapy Session
- I often use oil, cream, or gel. If you have any allergies, please let me know before hand.
- If you're receiving hot stone massage, make sure you're comfortable with the temperature of the stones. I will check in with you about temperature throughout your massage.
- Depending on your needs, you will experience a full body massage (excluding abdominal and private areas) or only specific areas that need attention.
- Remember to breathe normally.
- Our massage will usually last between 3o and 90 minutes.
- After your massage, I will leave the room so you can slowly get up and get dressed in privacy.
- Tips are appreciated to recognize outstanding service, but not required.
- The benefits of massage are cumulative, so we will work together to customize a plan to meet your health and wellness goals.
- Remember to drink plenty of fluids after your massage!
Ready For Your Massage?
Call to schedule an appointment today! (585) 287-7101